*ABU DHABI ISLAMIC BANK
From 14/07/2009 up to now
As Compliance Officer/ Group
1. Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
2. Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Employee Services, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
3. Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
4. Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
5. Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
6. Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
7. Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations as appropriate and/or required.
8. Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Compliance Hotline; (b) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
9. Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
*Regular Compliance Visit to all branches to ensure Compliance of Legal & Regulatory obligations.
From 05/08/2006 to 14/07/2009
As Head of Branch Operation
1. Cash Vault – Dual control of branch vault.
2. Teller area –Providing cash to tellers for daily business transactions, approving daily transactions for remittances and other products (drafts, telegraphic transfers, payment orders, currency exchange, and safe boxes) where applicable approves the override of transactions exceeding specified teller limits.
3. Achieving monthly budget.
4. Cash Management – Managing branch cash as per cash holding limit and transfer excess cash to Central Bank.
5. Back Office Area – process & balance daily inward and outward clearing transactions.
6. ATM – Maintenance and supervise the cash replenishment, reconciliation, captured cards and ATM cash deposits jointly with the dual custodian.
7. Complaint Handling – resolve branch complaints forward by complaint resolution unit in a timely manner under advice to the Branch Manager.
8. Internal Audit & ICD Comments – Provide support to Branch Manager in preparing detailed responses to internal audit & ICD Comments relating deposit products and retail customer services.
9. Perform any other responsibilities entrusted by Branch Management from time to time.
10. Make reconciliation end of month for all accounts in the branch.
• NATIONAL BANK OF ABU DAHBI
From 05/8/1996 to 30/07/2006
As Teller (C.S.R)
1. Offer cash deposit and withdrawals in UAE dirham and foreign exchange, clearing and cheque deposit in accordance with bank guideline whilst providing customers with courteous and error free.
2. Performing ATM replenishment jointly ATM Supervisor Related with reconciliation and ensure blank insurance limit for cash and ATM.
3. Posting Non-financial transaction of Visa Credit Card transaction with accurate follow-ups.
4. Handling / processing Bills << Less